These are the most likely reasons why this may be happening:
1. Some of your contacts have been archived.
Covve’s complex algorithms determine whether a contact should be archived. Covve archives contacts that don’t appear to represent real people (such as restaurants, services and company switchboards). It also archives generic email addresses. For example, info@myco would be a good candidate for auto-archiving.
- On your phone, archived contacts can be found on the bottom of your contacts list. You can remove a contact from Archive by swiping a contact left or within a contact card.
Note: archived contacts are just hidden from the main view, but will still appear when searching.
- On the web app, you can enable seeing archived contacts by deselecting "Hide archived contacts", from the bottom left corner of your Contacts screen.
2. Some of your contacts are stored in your SIM card
Covve will sync with all contact accounts you have setup on your phone (e.g. Google Contacts, Exchange, iCloud) but will not sync with contacts on SIM cards..
It’s generally a good practice to move contacts to a “cloud” storage account (e.g email account) so that they are also backed up in case you lose your phone.
Instructions on moving your contacts to an online address book can be found here :
3. Your contacts are stored in a locked Exchange account (This only applies to iPhone users).
Some corporate Exchange servers do not allow third party applications to access your contacts. If this is the case you'll either need to request a policy change from your Exchange administrator or copy the contacts to another account.
4. Your contacts are stored in a Group/Account which Covve doesn't yet support (This only applies to Android users).
Covve syncs with contacts stored in all major address book providers (such as Google Contacts, Yahoo, Exchange, Outlook and iCloud). If your contacts are stored in another account which Covve doesn't sync with just let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll make sure to support it in the near future!
5. You have accidentally deleted some contacts
Covve syncs two-way with your phone’s address book. So, any contacts deleted through Covve will also be deleted from your device - and vice versa. In the case you have accidentally deleted any contacts, please see here directions on how to retrieve them:
6. You have contacts in Google’s “Other” or “Circles” groups
Covve doesn’t automatically sync with these contact groups. Find out more on how to sync these contacts with Covve here.